This turkey weekend, I gave thanks for wetsuits. I went with a couple friends to Cannon Beach, on the Oregon coast. We ate, ate, and did a little bit of surfing. Cannon Beach is home to Haystack Rock, this monstrosity here. Note the little people on the left side. We didn't surf here, as there are sharks known to lurk in the area. We went further down the coast a bit, which I like to imagine as "no shark zone". The weather was even this perfect shade of no rain for a large part of the weekend. We also gave thanks for climate change.
This is Chao-lin, and she also gave thanks for wetsuits. She was not giving thanks for the slippery rocks and fallen trees that were in the way of us and the beach. The one other time I came to this coast, we surfed at this spot as well. It's a nice little cove and has a walk through a mossy forest to lead from the parking lot to the beach. We surfed for an hour or two, long enough to get back the bug, but not too long as to bring on the hypothermia. We all agreed that it was "warmer than expected".
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment